Living a healthy lifestyle is an absolute necessity when it comes to fertility and reproduction. The lifestyle you pursue every day is making a direct impact on how much success you have when you decide to try and conceive a child.
Consider these health factors with regards to fertility:
Start Right Now – Live a healthy lifestyle for yourself. Do not make choices that could present any risk in your pregnancy. Practice for the next three to six months and begin to make these changes habit. Check your medications and make sure there are no risks before trying to conceive.
Thing NOT To Do – Smoking, drinking, and illicit drug use are all “No, Nos”. These activities are directly related to problems with reproduction and can drastically affect the wellness of your unborn child. You may find that quiting these habits is difficult and challenging, so pursue every avenue that is available from family to treatment options in your area.
Watch Your Weight – Maintaining a healthy body weight can also be a challenge. Keeping your weight in check is very important with regards to your fertility and your pregnancy health. Both being overweight and being underweight can affect your fertility and the wellness your unborn child. Assess your eating habits and other practices that affect your weight. Start doing the things that you need to do to get your body at a healthy weight.
Enhance Your Fertility – There are important things that you can do to increase your chances of conception. If you are healthy then your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and giving birth to a healthy baby drastically increase. Start making each of these practices a part of your day to day routine.
- Exercise Regularly: This will help with your circulation, breathing, weight and will affect your overall wellness. Exercise should be a vital part of your health and your life.
- Watch Your Nutrition: Eat well-balanced meals. A well balanced diet includes fruits, vegetables, lean meats and whole fiber. Eating well is a great way to improve overall health.
- Take Vitamins: Supplement your diet with essential vitamins and minerals. This is an outstanding way to make sure you get the nutrients that your body needs. Folic acid is very important with regards to conception and pregnancy, make sure that you are getting at least .4 mg (400 mcg) a day.
- Get Plenty of Sleep: Rest is a necessity when it comes to conception. This gives your muscles and organs a chance to rejuvenate. Sleep has a massive affect on your physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Take Time to Relax: Take “time out”. Relaxation is a great way to relieve stress and help your body function at a healthier level. There are many relaxation practices and techniques. Some types of relaxation include deep breathing, yoga, and various types of daily meditation.
Check Up with your Doctor – If you want to concieve a child, the very first step you should take is to have a preconception appointment with your health care provider. Your doctor will probably ask you about family history, your lifestyle practices and will more than likely check you blood as well as other aspects of your physical health.
Here are a few articles that you may find useful with regards to conception and pregnancy: